News

Felony child abuse charges made against former county Human Services Director

Brian Larsen

Four pending charges, including two felony charges, have been filed by the state of Minnesota against former Health and Human Services Director Josh Beck.

Beck resigned as Cook County Health and Human Services director on July 21.

One of the felony assault charges alleges a past pattern of child abuse.

On August 1 Beck was charged with domestic assault by strangulation and two gross misdemeanors of child endangerment.

According to court documents some of the abuse claims center around Beck’s actions that he took against his family.

Beck is scheduled to appear in the Cook County courtroom at 10 a.m. on September 11.

Repeated attempts made by the Cook County News-Herald to reach Mr. Beck since he left his job over the last month have failed. Just where he is living is unknown at this time, although when he left he said he had found employment elsewhere.

Cook County Administrator Jeff Cadwell released a statement concerning the charges leveled at Beck.

Although the county has learned that criminal charges have been filed in Sixth Judicial District Court against the former department head, the county cannot comment on the court case or investigation, said Cadwell. This is a personal matter involving a former employee.

Cook County takes its role in the delivery of human services extremely seriously, he added.


Click here for digital edition
2017-09-02 digital edition


Special sections:


Fisherman's Picnic 2017


Arts Festival 2017


Wooden Boat Show 2017


Meet the Class of 2017


Spring Home Improvement

SPECIAL SECTION ARCHIVE



Copyright 2009-2017 Cook County News Herald, All Rights Reserved